A big role for just a word or two, then!
Yes…because naming your brand is a decision that sets the stage for your business and can shape its future. A great name will position your business as a leader and innovator, and reinforce your value proposition. In contrast, a poor name can negate the work you do to position your brand in the market and may limit your options for expansions into new markets.
Asia Media, a leading brand development and graphic design agency in Bangkok Thailand, has long held the view that finding a strong, unique brand name is an indispensable first step in the strategic brand development process. It cannot be approached in a haphazard, undisciplined manner, but, rather, requires a diligent and structured approach. We tackle a naming exercise with the same disciplined approach as we do with all our design projects, working our way through a number of stages:-
- Review the Competition, looking for trends, conventions, identifying those that stand out and why.
- Establish guidelines, defining what your name will represent and how it will support your business. We have selective criteria;
* Simple to say, easy to remember
* Short, ideally less than 8 characters
* Have a .com domain name available